Admissions Process & Instructions
1. Download and complete an application form (links directly below) and return it with a $50.00 application fee for each student to Whidbey Island Waldorf School (WIWS), attention "Enrollment Director."
Pls note: we have a rolling Admissions process, so you may send an application form in at any time of year and it will be received.
2. For students entering 2nd grade or higher, please print, complete and sign the Request for Records form (available below) and send it to your child's current school as soon as possible. (Applications are not considered complete until these records are received. This includes any Individual Education Plan (IEP), special needs assessments, or psychological evaluations previously performed.)
3. Upon receipt and review of your application, you will be contacted by the teachers of your prospective class to schedule an enrollment interview, a possible classroom visit date (Grades 1 - 8) or forest walk (Kindergarten) for your child. You will also meet with our Administrator Michael Soule as you explore the school/family relationship and expectations.
4. Upon conclusion of the interview process, the Enrollment Director will issue an official letter stating the outcome of the interview, be that acceptance, acceptance with qualifications, or decline.
5. Once a student is accepted for admission, a financial contract is issued to the enrolling parents. Enrollment is considered final upon completion of the TADS contract with WIWS and payment of supplies fee to WIWS.
6. There is a six-week probationary period for all students at onset of school attendance. During this period, either the school or the family can terminate the contract and the financial obligation of the family is prorated according to the number of days attended. After six weeks, the parents become responsible for the full contractual amount according to the agreed upon payment schedule.
Application & Tuition Forms
Family Affordability Plan
Available to all applying families, our 100-80% Family Affordability Plan charges full tuition for the first child enrolled within a family, and charges 80% tuition for the second child or subsequent child within a single family.
Instructions for TA Application
To follow steps for the WIWS Tuition Assistance application below, please see HERE.
Tuition Assistance FAQ
For frequently asked questions around Tuition Assistance, please see HERE.
Whidbey Island Waldorf School offers a parent-funded Tuition Assistance program. Please use the following two links (Worksheet for your preparation and Application to submit) to submit your completed application for Tuition Assistance.
We are using the TADS service to help our TA Committee determine awards. Questions with their application should be handled directly with TADS competent support staff, available seven days a week.
Incomplete applications are not reviewed for awards. Please contact TADS if you need an exception for documentation support items.
New families and families that experience a significant change of events during the school year can apply for this assistance at any time.
Awards are not guaranteed until they are accepted as part of your enrollment agreement.
Tuition assistance is need based and fully funded by our families. The limited funds are not intended to support lifestyle choices, but to support those in the community during times of need and to make the Waldorf education available to a broader community.
Please refer your TA questions to our Finance Manager.
Phone: 360-341-5686, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Request for Records Form